Support UCONN’s Latino Law Students AssociationPlease support LLSA's efforts at UConn Law's Annual Student Crowdfunding Initiative. The UConn Law Ignite crowdfunding competition ends on Sunday, November 5th at midnight! Please do not wait.To donate, please click here.
- 2017 CHBA’s 24th Annual Awards CelebrationOn November 16, 2017, the Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association is proud to host its 24th Annuals Awards Celebration at New Haven Lawn Club. The CHBA is excited to honor Angel Fernández Chavero, our recipient of the 2017 Achievement Award. For further information, please click here to download the event's invitation. If you would like attend, then please click here to download the RSVP form. We kindly request that you RSVP no later than October 27, 2017. For more information, please contact Jason Prueher (JPrueher@thefloodlawfirm.com) or Sandra San Emeterio (SSanEmeterio@slsct.org).
October 10 – Board Meeting at UConn LawLocation: UConn Law, 6pm start
- Blumberg Hall (2nd Floor of Hosmer Hall)
- 65 Elizabeth St. Hartford - Use 110 Sherman St. for GPS
- Dial-in number: 800-447-2711, Passcode: 860 251 5353
- Social event to follow at Half Door
- Qunnipiac University School of Law’s “Beyond DACA” Panel DiscussionQuinnipiac University School of Law is hosting a panel discussion about the history and legality of DACA To register, please click on the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/beyond-daca-a-panel-discussion-tickets-38009885591. To view the flyer to this event, please click here.
- CHBA Sponsored DACA Clinic on September 23, 2017The CHBA, in collaboration with the Center for Children’s Advocacy, Esperanza Center for Law and Advocacy, CT Students for a Dream, and CT Institute for Refugees and Immigrants, is sponsoring a DACA clinic on Saturday, Sep. 23, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Burroughs Community Center, 2470 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT. Attorneys may use this pro bono volunteer opportunity to satisfy CLE credits. Volunteer attorneys will receive training on the day of the clinic by experienced immigration attorneys to help DACA holders renew their applications. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided for volunteers. To RSVP and for more information, please e-mail Evelyn Rios at email@example.com.
- CHBA’s CLE Panel Discussion on the Implications of Representing Undocumented ClientsThe Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association, in collaboration with the Latino Law Student Association at UConn Law, presents a panel discussion on the implication of representing undocumented clients. The panel discussion will take place on September 28, 2017 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Blumberg Hall at the University of Connecticut School of Law.
- A Jury of One’s Peers?A Jury of One's Peers? A Panel Discussion on Jury Diversity To register and for more information, please click here.
- FUERZAfest Connecticut (2017)The Hispanic Federation has organized Connecticut's first-ever Latino LGBTQ Festival–FUERZAfest Connecticut. The first installment of this unprecedented community event will take place from August 25-26, 2017 at the nationally historic Mark Twain House & Museum and at Hartbeat Ensemble Theater For A Change, both located in Hartford. To RSVP and to purchase tickets, please click here.
- 2017 Joint Latino Bar Mixer (08.16.2017, NYC)The HNBA Region II is hosting a Joint Latino Bar Mixer on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 from 6 to 10:30 p.m. The event will be held in SLATE NY, located at 54 West 21st Street, NYC. To attend, please register here.
- July 15, 2017On July 15, 2017, the Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association is holding a Summer Social at Gouveia Vineyards from 12 to 3 p.m. Please join us in welcoming our new officers, board members, and members. Families are welcomed.
Annual Meeting — April 8, 2017
The CHBA is hosting its Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 8, 2017 at Shipman & Goodwin LLP's Hartford Office, located at One Constitution Plaza, Hartford, CT 06103. All CHBA Members (and prospective members) are invited to attend and participate. All members whose membership dues are current are eligible to vote in officer/director elections.Although in-person attendance is highly encouraged, remote attendance will be available (Dial-in: 1-800-447-2711; code 860 251 5353). RSVP attendance to host and incoming CHBA President Alfredo Fernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org) Stay tuned for the proposed slate of officer and director candidate and additional logistics.
- March 14, 2017Due to weather, March's Board Meeting will be a call-in meeting beginning at 6pm. 1-800-993-4149; Code 860-275-0686